Thursday, December 30, 2010

For Cindy…. Wedding Dolls, Corsages, A Boutonnière and A bouquet of flowers….

Cindy approached me early this year for something very challenging…. She wanted a pair of wedding couple in Chinese Traditional gown (kua), a wedding hand bouquet, corsages and boutonniere. She has chosen roses and lilies as her flowers! It took me awhile to accept this order because I really had no confidence whether I would be able to deliver, especially the wedding hand bouquet.

Cindy has really given me a very rare opportunity to explore almost everything a wedding need… I was very excited cos I never done all these before, especially the wedding hand bouquet…

I really enjoy exploring something new. Let me start with the wedding dolls. Trying to make the ‘kua’ was very challenging. Initial, I was using fabric to make the ‘kua’ costume, FAILED!! I’m really bad in sewing…. :( I gave up after a few attempts and wasted almost half a meter of fabric.. =S

Starts with the Chinese costume, ‘Kua’. I crocheted the kua and embroidered small flowers with crystals as embellishment.   My friend, Lynn, made a Chinese knot as the collar’s button. I’m not very good with Chinese knot but according to her, this knot brings luck and good fortune.

After completing this set, I felt so relieved and very satisfied… The actual dolls were nicer than picture… When Cindy received them, she was thrilled and excited… She really likes them… I like them too…

P1040628_EDIT

P1040634 

I had a lot of doubts when it comes to her wedding hand bouquet. I have no confidence whether I would be able to make something as nice as the real flowers bouquet… I wasn’t able to find any reference at all too :( What I could find were either too elaborate or too old fashioned. It’s not for gift but it’s for a big occasion, WEDDING!

First challenge I faced was deciding the numbers of roses and lilies… By faith, I’ve made 12 roses and 8 calla lilies to make this bouquet. Then come to choosing the type of yarns. I’ve discussed with Betsy and we decided to use Egyptian Cotton, thicker and shinier though the yarn is quite costly. No regret! Lastly, the assembly was another obstacle.. :( At first, I thought of assemble on my own, but I had no clue how to wrap them. Thanks to this wonderful florist, who owned a very small shop near my place. Never judge a ‘SHOP’ by it’s frontage! The owner is a pro! She has actually won quite a few awards for her flower arrangement and her forte is dealing with calla lilies! When she saw the handmade flowers, without hesitation, she agreed to wrap for me! Could see she was very excited too… LOL!!!

I LOVE the outcome very much!! By GRACE of GOD, I got the numbers of flower right! The florist was able to make a nice semi-round bouquet and the size was just nice… :)

P1040731

P1040718EDIT

The whole bouquet is 100% handmade! The florist and I will be collaborating in doing some hand bouquets next year… Stay-tuned!

Then she wanted two wrist corsages for her sisters… I love the wrist corsages very much! Very different from my usual wrist corsages… They were made of two calla lilies and 2 small roses…

P1040644

P1040666

Lastly, she requested a Boutonnière for her husband…. :) The Boutonnière was made out of 3 calla lilies….

P1040671

P1040683

Thanks to Cindy for this rare opportunity! I’m glad she loves all of them too.

4 comments:

Knotty Bicsie said...

Congrats, my dear friend! U did it once again! This wedding set look GORGEOUS! Definitely a BIG WOW!!! :)

Jullie Teo said...

Thanks, Betsy... :) The bouquet is really really a challenge... I'm glad I've pulled it through... :)

chocolatelover said...

A great Success!! Very nice Kua design and Calla Lilies!!

Jullie Teo said...

Thanks!! :)