Sunday, October 11, 2009

Wedding Doll for Eleanor

Eleanor and I grew up together. Her father and my father are best friends.... =) When we were young, we loved to hang out together. Being two years younger than her, I always listened to her and followed her everywhere. =P I don't have elder sister, so she's like a big sister to me. However, we lost touch when we left home to further our studies... =( Only recently, we managed to contact each other via FACEBOOK!!

IMG_5918

From left to right: Wendy (Eleanor's eldest sister, also our leader), Simon (Eleanor's younger brother), Jin (my brother), me & Eleanor. This photo was taken when the two families were having holiday @ Bangkok, Thailand and it's taken more than a decade ago!!! We were having lots of fun during that trip. One of the most eventful incidents that I'll always remember during that trip was all the 9 of us (4 adults plus 5 kids) squeezed into a small taxi!

And now, Eleanor is getting married!!! I'm so excited for her. Sadly, I can't attend her wedding. So, I've made her this pair of wedding dolls. Coincidently, she was also looking for a pair of wedding dolls with BLACK HAIR, cos she couldn't find wedding dolls with black hair but blond or brown... LOL!!!

She is a doctor and her future hubby is an engineer, so I've decided to make a pair of elegant and not too overly-accessorized dolls. The colors of her wedding theme are white & red...

IMG_5896

IMG_5901

IMG_5902

Yesterday, this blissful pair of wedding dolls has traveled all the way to Australia to bring them loves & happiness.... :)

To dearest Shin and her future hubby,

Love is patient, love is kind.

It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud.

It is not rude, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs.

Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth. It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres.

And now these three remain: faith, hope and love. But the greatest of these is love.

1 Corinthians 13:4-7, 1 Corinthians 13:13

No comments: