What's for tea break today?
I had an early lunch and was hungry around 2 plus. Suddenly thought of baking muffins. Rei told me that baking muffins is the easiest and less washing because just throw all ingredients into one big ball & mix them all together. Besides that, I was trying to use whatever that available in my kitchen.
Let see, I had left-over butter (around 70g) and self-raising flour. All I need was to find a recipe to bake muffins.
I found this recipe sometimes back, but I couldn't remember where I got it from. :( It's Apple Cinnamon Muffins. I massaged the recipe a bit so that I could use the 'left-over'. Here goes the my recipe:
Ingredients (that makes 7 muffins):
- 200ml of water
- 100g caster sugar
- 1 apple (skinned and sliced into cube)
- 1 cup of raisins (you can reduce or add more)
- 1 egg
- 70g butter
- 50g corn oil
- 1 tbls cinnamon
- 280g of self-raising flour
- Combine water, sugar, apple, raisins, butter, oil, cinnamon powder in a pan to boil.
- Cool completely
- Preheat oven to 180 deg
- Then, in one large bowl, sift flour
- Add egg into flour and whisk well
- Then, add in the mixture and stir
- Transfer the batter into muffin moulds that are lightly greased (I'm using aluminum foil mould)
- Bake for 20mins
Thanks to Rei for helping me too. Actually the recipe requires all-purpose-flour and baking soda but I ran out of flour but it can be replaced by self-raising flour. And what she said was true.. Baking muffins is indeed easier than cake... Thank GOD!
A hot muffin goes well with a hot cup of tea. Can't have Earl Grey, so choose Lemongrass & Ginger tea instead. =P