Thursday, December 11, 2008

Apple Crumble Pie

Last Friday, met up with Betsy and Dewi at Betsy's home studio. Dewi is my polymate and she's learning crochet from Betsy.

I baked an apple crumble pie for them... It was my first time baking a pie... I didn't know it was so easy. And delicious too... I got the recipe from KC once again.

IMG_2276

IMG_2278

IMG_2279

Here goes the recipe (abstracted from KC by Elaine):

The crust
125g butter
225g plain flour
1/2 beaten egg
The apple filling
4 apples, peeled, cored and sliced
2 tbsp brown sugar
sprinkles of cinnamon powder
lemon juice from a slice of lemon
some water
1/2 tbsp corn flour

The crumble
70 - 80g butter
1 cup self-raising flour
4tbsp sugar

Method
1. Make filling first by cooking the apples with the rest of the ingredients with some water. Add corn flour to thicken.
2. Make the crust by combining the butter, flour and egg to form into a dough. Press dough on to a pie pan. 
3. For the crumble, gently rub the butter and flour to form into crumbs and add sugar and mix well.
4. After crust is baked, pour in the apple filling and sprinkle top with the crumble. Bake at 200C for about 30 - 45 mins or till crust is nicely browned.

Well, to make the crust, I used fingers (taught by Rei & Gina) and added egg after the butter and flour were evenly mixed.

I didn't use pie pan, I used aluminum baking container to bake.

No comments: