Wednesday, May 21, 2008

Day 2 - Discovering the Ultimate SHOPPING EXPERIENCE!

After I had checked in to the hotel, I took a 10 mins walk down to the PLATINUM with the help of a map...

While walking, I came across two crafting shops... Very old and run down crafting shops that were selling mostly buttons, threads & also yarns... I had problem communicating with the shop's assistants as they don't really speak English... :( They were selling mostly local yarns and were very cheap!! One ball of acrylic 50g yarn cost from S$.80 to S$1.20! But the quality of the yarns was very bad! It's something like ORION yarn... I only bought a few to show to my crafting friends...

IMG_1623

IMG_1624

Finally, I reached Platinum!!! GOSH!! HUGE Shopping Complex with 7 floors of shops!!!

IMG_1578

Shopping in Platinum was an experience! They were selling almost everything, from t-shirt to dress, office wear to shoes, accessories to bags & etc, etc, etc....

Whenever I asked: "How much"...

The shop-keeper would say "XXX bahts"....

Then I would frowned and asked: "Cheaper?"

Followed by her saying, "How many you want? If you buy many many, then I give your YYY bahts"

"But I only want to buy one"

She would think for awhile and offered, "for you special, at ZZZ bahts"....

But I would bargain for a bit more, knowing the whole-sell price was YYY bahts. So, I'll tell them that I wanted to bring sample back and if my buyers like, I'll buy more... Normally, they would ask a little bit higher than whole-sell but definitely lower than retail pricing.... Done deal....

I prefer bargaining @ shopping ctr than market... Cos, at the market, they would start with a ridiculous price and lowered down to a bargain price... My bargaining power is very bad and I don't like to be offended or offend them either... So, normally I would not ask unless I wanted to buy...

IMG_1579

Shops in the Platinum....

IMG_1580

Shop that sells T-shirts in a container...

IMG_1586

Shop that sells phone charms such as Voodo Dolls....

IMG_1587

Shop that sells beads supply

IMG_1583

Shop that sells accessories

However, this shopping centre closed @ 7pm.... I started my shopping spree @ 2pm and barely covered 5 floors!! Each floor has over 100 units of shops.... I saw a lot of youngsters & some S'poreans dragging huge canvas bags to fill up supplies!

No comments: