Tuesday, May 20, 2008

Bangkok Trip - Suan Lum Night Market

After the Top's wedding cocktail, Tim (one of my biz partners from S'pore) and I went for a walk along PatPong Night Market , cos the hotel is very near to PatPong Night market. ... BAD BAD place... Too sleezy.... And we were chased away by a lady boy... I saw a 'fake' Tiffany bracelet... Very nice... and I asked him-her how much, and he-she said 1,200 bahts (equivalent to S$57). Then I rejected and walked away... He-she pulled me back and offered me 600 bahts... But I was not interested anymore and walked away, he-she chased from behind again, asking me how much I want, then he-she offered me 50 bahts... Then, I said OK.. Guess what! He-She gave me an empty pouch!!! I was sooo shocked and asked for the bracelet... He-She threw the money back to me saying, 50 bahts can only buy an empty pouch... TERRIBLE RITE!??

Then Tim suggested we go to another night market called Suan Lum Night Market, the nearest BTS station will be Lumpini station... Opens from 4pm till midnight. I love that market... Clean & Tidy.... And, you can find mostly stores open by young local artists... Something like MAAD in S'pore...

IMG_1565

IMG_1566

I bought 2 lamps from this shop. This guy handmade the lamp himself... Very unique... I haven't had the time to fix the lamp yet... Will take a picture to show...

IMG_1561IMG_1562 IMG_1560

2 comments:

little odd forest said...

you he-she story is hilarious!!!! hahahah!
my fav mkt is Suan Lum.. too bad its closing soon...

Jullie Teo said...

Yes... I heard about it too... Quite sad...

I'm a bad writer. I'm sure you had discovered broken grammar all over.. =P Still improving in my writing... Hehehehehe