Interesting article that I've abstracted from Crochet Cabana
Benefits of Crochet
What are some benefits one can receive from crochet, you might wonder. Well, as I am typing I can think of quite a few, which I will share with you. If you think of others, let me know. Who know? Maybe you’ll find it listed next time you come by. :-)
1) Crocheting keeps your stress levels down by keeping your hands and heart busy (the love which shows through those hand-made gifts)
2) Crochet travels well. Bring those granny squares and put-together projects with you on long road trip, doctor visits, hospital stay (hope you don’t have many of those!)
3) Keep expenses down with gifts hand-made with love
4) Increase your home library with beautiful crochet books. If I live to be 150 years old, I could never make everything in all the books I have, but I love to just flip through and look at all the beautiful pictures.
5) Save for the future -- collect crochet hooks. One day they’ll be worth more, right? Especially those wonderful wood hooks!
6) Okay a silly one -- When you get angry with your spouse or kids, you can throw yarn. It won’t hurt but they’ll know you’re pouting! *LOL*
7) Crochet makes TV watching time seem less frivolous, after all you’re making something useful! AND you can search your favorite shows for crocheted item.
8) Crocheting for charity helps others and helps yourself!