Tuesday, March 30, 2010

Balik Kampung!

Balik Kampung means Back to Hometown in Malay…

I’ll be going home to visit my family, especially my dear granny this coming Thursday! It’s just for the weekends and will be back on 4th of April… I’ve not been home for 2 years! The last time I was home was 2008 Chinese New Year… :(  Longing to go home for very very long! Miss my granny and miss the food there too!!

This is also the first time I’m bringing Joel back… :) I hope he’ll have great time there… So excited!!

Where is my hometown?? Well, I came from Sibu, Sarawak. It’s locate on the East of Malaysia, Borneo Island… A lot of my friends don’t really know where is this place and always thought I could go back by coach.. However, I can’t… I need to go back by plane. That’s why, I can’t go home regularly like some of my Malaysian friends who are staying at the west.

image 

image

Images extracted from www.mapquest.com

4 comments:

Singtatter said...

I have been real busy with work these 2 months, so envy of you!

Have a great trip and weekend!

Yee@憨人角落 said...

So happy for you!

Enjoy ur family time and all the good food!! Yummy~~ =p

Knotty Bicsie said...

Have fun! U deserve it, galfriend! :)

Jullie Teo said...

Hi Ellen, Thanks.. Same here... I've been very busy lately too... Took up some challenges recently... When I'm ready, I'll share... :)

Hi Yee... YIPEE!!! I'm so excited that I can go back finally... First thing I wanna have is Kom piang... =P

Hi Betsy, See u next Friday... ;)