Tuesday, May 20, 2008

My trip to Bangkok - TOP & TAP Wedding...

I was in Bangkok to attend my friend's wedding. My last trip to Bangkok was 5 years ago with my hubby, then boyfriend... I was travelling alone this time and looking forward to my trip...

IMG_1449 IMG_1452

It was my first time attending a Thai's wedding ceremony... Kinda excited... Well, Kamolwan (A.K.A Top) is my friend who was getting married on that day. Like most of the wedding ceremony, she woke up very early that day for make-up (think the make up artist came at 3:30am). I stayed with her the night before at the hotel....

Then her sisters came to help... I was wearing their Thai traditional gown on that day too... Very simple, just a linen white blouse and 'sarong'...

IMG_1455 IMG_1456

The Chinese customary in Thai is a bit different from the one in S'pore... In Thai, number 9 is an auspicious number... So, the groom came at 9 sharp with 4 brothers. In Singapore, we usually make things very difficult for the groom and his brothers to get the bride... In Thai, well, things are too easy for the groom... They don't have to sing, or eat those gross stuffs.... All they need to is to enter 'gate' that is formed by gold chain string that is held by two sisters and they have to give ang pao to enter ... There were three 'gates' on that morning.... I was holding one... When they reached my 'gate', I've tried to make thing difficult for him, HEHEHEHE.... I asked him to say I LOVE YOU loudly so that Top could hear from the room... Well, IT'S TOO EASY RITE?... Then I asked for more ang paos.... THAT'S ALL!!!

IMG_1459 IMG_1462

Then, their customary wedding ceremony was blessed by 9 monks... Then photo taking session and tea-ceremony....

IMG_1490 IMG_1473 IMG_1503

IMG_1511 IMG_1515 IMG_1516 IMG_1507

Before the wedding cocktail at night, the sisters were helping to decorate the place...

IMG_1551 P1040492 IMG_1538 IMG_1547

Then, the sisters had spend almost 3 hours to dress up for the cocktail. They purposely tailored a gown for that night and all the 7 of them look stunningly beautiful :) It's not like our Chinese banquet, where everyone sits on the round table... It's more like finger food buffet and mingling around with other guests.... Quite unique...

IMG_1552 IMG_1553 IMG_1556

It was a great experience and thanks to TOP & TAP for inviting me to their wedding...

No comments: