Wednesday, May 21, 2008

Day 2 - Ultimate STASHING Experience @ Chatuchak Weekend Market

All crafter friends will love this....

Chatuchak Weekend Market is a MUST GO PLACE for all crafter friends... Even how humid, hot & smelly the place is, it's a worthy place to go!!!

I was well-prepared, I wore a sleeveless T-shirt with short pants & a pair of slippers to Chatuchak (A.K.A JJ market to the Thais)... Getting off from Mok Chi station, I went to hunt for money changer.. It was so convenient, you will find one money changer in every BTS Station... The rate was pretty good too...

When I was in the market, I went to look for a map... This time, it was more convenient compared to last time, every store will keep maps of JJ market.. You just ask them for one, they are obliged to give to you... The map was very very informative and colorful... All stores were categorized by numbers and colors... Stores selling crafting materials & supplies were found from row 17 - 19... You can find number coding on every store. So, you'll not get lost easily.. But I did get lost la, maybe too tired... :p

I was so excited when I saw sooo many interesting crafting supplies... You can find colorful craft papers for scrap books... Miniature items for decoration & charms... Ribbons & fake flowers, fabrics, and lots, lots, more!!!!

IMG_1617

Miniature plants for decoration

IMG_1616

Miniature dishes for decoration & charms

IMG_1614

Paper flowers & ribbons supply store...

IMG_1620

Store that sells patch works & dolls..

IMG_1619

Store that sells phone charm & key charm...

I bought a lot of thing from the market... I've bought few packets of paper flowers, packaging material, souvenirs & gifts for friends, nice fabrics, bags & shirts... I had spend whole day in JJ....

2 comments:

6060 said...

Jullie,

If i have a chance, I got to go to Singapore!! You are killing me here! I used to shop like this in HK, cos I am a HKese before I moved to USA! I love the dolls you've made! They are so adorable! The human dolls all the eyes you have sewn on are so cute! I am so amazed how you can make with a crochet hook! :)

Clara

Jullie Teo said...

Yo Clara,

This place is in Thailand... ;D You can only do stashing in places like Thailand cos products there are very cheap...

Thanks for your compliments on my dolls... Making those eyes are killing.. That's why, i'm looking for alternative to replace it...